Getting started with XCUITests
Automation Testing on iOS applications has been highly standardized by Apple. Apps undergo rigorous checks before they receive approval to appear on the App Store.
It is imperative that iOS developers/testers build and maintain automation test cases to test apps that align with Apple’s regulations. They ensure that successive deployments of an app are working fine. For this, testers can use the XCUITest to ensure the quality more.
This session will discuss the role of automation, XCUITest itself, and how to get started with it.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- What is the XCUITest? 0.00 - 0.10
- Downsides of XCUITest 0.10 - 0.12
- My first Test with XCUITest 0.12 - 0.20
- API’s for Writing UI Automation Test Cases 0.20 - 0.25
- Waiting Strategy in XCUITest 0.25 - 0.27
- Gesture with XCUI Test 0.27 - 0.33
- Parallelize test 0.33 - 0.36
- Integrate with CI/CD( optional topic based on time for content) 0.36 - 0.40
- Q & A 0.40 - 0.45
The participant will get an idea how we can automate iOS apps with XCUITest and implement for native iOS applications to get fast feedback.
Everyone from beginners to advanced Appium users
Prerequisites for Attendees
Basic understanding of automating native application