Agile & DevOps
Agile and DevOps is required to provide the value to the customer. Agile starts from.development and DevOps from Operations. Agile emphasizes team interaction, culture value, self organized way, serviant leadership whereas DevOps for Delivery pipelines and workflows. Both requires consistent communications for better alignment. Agile uses people while DevOps uses tools and automation strategy
Agile to develop fastly and DevOps to put the software fastly. Both are dependent with each other.
DevOps is the practice of operations and development engineers participating together in the entire service lifecycle
DevOps is a philosophy under which the business teams, development teams, and the operations organization collaborate on a continuous basis to make sure that IT solutions are available to business on time with the adoption of automation, collaboration, cultural change
DevOps at the conceptual level is mainly just the widening of Agile’s principles to include systems and operations instead of stopping its concerns at code checkin.
Scrum retrospective as the opportunity to tune and adjust towards DevOps. Teams focusing only on Scrum can miss the broader context of Agile, so too can teams focusing on Continuous Delivery miss the broader context of DevOps. The main focus of DevOps is to bridge the gap between Dev and Ops, reducing painful handovers and increasing collaboration
- In an Agile scenario, the development teams have to wait until the release for the planned features and for the support of the Ops team. If Ops team is not ready then the delay in delivery and a key benefit of Agile is not fully realized.
- Ops team to be Sync up the different stakeholders of the projects to move functionality to production faster and to be engaged continuously.
- Ops team should provide the necessary inputs to the development team in order for them to build and validate the Ops-related requirements.
- if the nonfunctional requirements (NFRs) are not well understood and articulated by the PO, the development team will not be able to take them into account while creating the architecture and building the final solution.
- With the support of Ops team NFRs shall be achieved effectively. Ops team to be in align with the PO who is the owner of the product. E.g Application should be able to connect to 100 cameras
- Ops team to create the environment from understanding phase to delivery for the deployment. Understanding the customer environment for better delivery and architecture.
- Input from the Ops team shall decide the acceptance of the features
- Scrum team should take Ops requirements and build features in alignment with the requirements.
Pulling developers into operational issues. Developers also bring their internal understanding of the system to troubleshooting efforts, so a resolution can be found and implemented faster.
Agile teams rely on automated build, test automation, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD). DevOps teams often use all those tools and more, including the addition of configuration management, metrics and monitoring schemes, virtualization, and cloud computing.
When Agile and DevOps come together, the IT organization can see tangible outcomes
Outline/Structure of the Talk
Must need of Agile and DevOps
Agile and DevOps adopted teams