Human side of Agile - key for a successful, sustained Agile Transformation
Agile is always an Engineering initiative, driven by Engineering leaders of the organization predominantly to achieve the following goals.
- Manage changes in requirements etc...
The organization achieves the above goals by 'doing agile', however one of the missing (critical) aspects in the AT journey is human part of the transformation.
The following questions are never answered.
- How is the hiring planned to support Agile Organization? (Mindset / Skillset issues)
- How is L&D equipped to build cross-functional skill and self-organized culture (vs. template based L&D drive)
- How are the roles defined to sustain AT? (Scrum Master, Manager, Senior folks in the team...)
- How is the appraisal system tuned to enable the agile organization? (Individual (hero) based / Team centric / Combination?, Frequency...)
- How do we tap the intrinsic motivation of employees to get better results?
Without addressing these questions, organization would never reach the true, sustained agile transformation. Who is responsible for these? How do we get there?
This paper will address all the queries related to HR agility.
Outline/Structure of the Presentation
- Current Challenges in AT w.r.to Human focus
- What is required beyond the engineering to sustain the AT?
- ORG ROLES & CAREER PATHS
- Structural Changes - Redefining Roles & Expectations
- Development of Agile Leaders
- New Career Paths
- LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Learner-driven development
- Agile Learning Initiatives
- TALENT ACQUISITION
- Effective hiring of Agile skillset & Mindset
- PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL
- Individual vs. Team vs. combination?
- Team-goal & shared-ownership culture
- Tapping the intrinsic motivation of employees
- 7. Role of HR in driving these aspects
Those who drive and participate in Agile Transformation are finally humans. This session will clearly provide design, models and strategies on Human aspects of AT, right from hiring through learning till appraisal system.
Leaders, Managers, HR Leaders, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches
Prerequisites for Attendees
Presentation Setup, Speaker, Video play setup