Practical Machine Learning in F#
Machine learning is more popular than ever because there are several dataset available and we can use several tools at our disposal to learn an insight from this data.
In this session I shall show how F# can be used for several machine learning tasks and I will be using industry standard APIs
During this session participants will be solving several machine learning challenges from Kaggle like handwritten digit recognizer (https://www.kaggle.com/c/digit-recognizer)
During this session participants will write code in F# to solve real challenges like this one
and they will get to understand the process of machine learning system design pipeline.
Outline/Structure of the Demonstration
In this you shall learn how to use
In this Workshop you shall learn how to implement several algorithms to solve real world challenges from
People will learn the following
1. F# Fundamentals (F# List comprehension)
2. Basics of Machine Learning
- Understanding Training/Test Corpus
3. Classification Algorithms implemented to solve real problems
- K Nearest Neighbor
- Logistic Regression
- Multi-class Logistic Regression
- Decision Trees
- Similarity Measurements
4. Linear Regression with F# to predict real values
- Simple Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Weighted Linear Regression
- Ridge Regression
- Multivariate Multiple Regression
5. Building Recommendation Systems
- Collaborative Filtering
- Item based filtering and recommendation
- K Means Clustering to identify market segments
7. Ensemble Methods
- Random Forests
In general I shall show audience how to break a problem statement to a machine learning problem and how to solve it with existing APIs like WekaSharp, Accord.NET and F#. All the visualization will be implemented using FsPlot FsPlot helps draw the charts using HighCharts and is a very natural choice for using in F#. You can see the plot generated using FsPlot in action at http://recordit.co/SMNa4i7S8r
After attending this session
- People will be able to identify a problem as a regression/classification/recommendation problem
- Be able to find a solution using F# and other APIs (WekaSharp, FsPlot .NET, Accord.NET)
Software Developers, Architects, Data Scientists , Data Engineers
schedule Submitted 5 years ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Sudipta Mukherjee - Agilie Data Analytics and Data JournalismSudipta MukherjeeCompiler EngineerRaincode Labs
schedule 6 years agoSold Out!
This is a demo session about Squirrel framework. Squirrel in an open source data analytics framework for .NET
Here are some of the case studies that will be demoed. These questions will be posed and then the solution will be provided using Squirrel
Hope that audience will be able to appreciate the elegance and simplicity of the solution that Squirrel provides.
1. Do women pay more tip than men ?
2. How many accidents happen becasue of bird strikes ?
3. Which country is famous for which sport in Olympics ?
Please visit Squirrel github page https://github.com/sudipto80/Squirrel to see some of these examples
At the end of this session, data from Squirrel will be taken and then some infographics will be generated that can make life lot simpler for data journalists.
In other words, it will be the attempt to make each developer realize that they can be a data journalist.
We shall have few T-Shirts to give away with the nice Squirrel logo and our motto. But I hope you shall have other motivation to come to this session :)