Liberating Structures... 36 tried and true facilitation techniques to amp up your org's collaboration
The communication tools of Liberating Structures will teach you how to facilitate the discussions your org needs. I am going to demonstrate how to use these techniques in the workshop. And all the attendees are going to be fully immersed and ready to wield their new knowledge the very next day at work.
Come learn how to help your team(s), org(s), and company(ies)!!!
For more information, watch my video at http://youtu.be/UNOjqMUv8h0
A version of this workshop that was presented at Agile Tour Sydney 2016 is at http://bit.ly/2f4Bie8
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
This session has been designed to be 99% practical application and 1% presentation slide deck.
Audience: Facilitators, Trainers, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches.
Materials needed: The workshop will require 1 pad of sticky notes and 1 Sharpie per attendee. The facilitator will require an audible cue tool, such as a Tibetan singing bowl or Tibetan gongs, to be provided by facilitator.
Overview of the first Liberating Structure, 1-2-4-All, also includes instructions. This exercise is divided into 4 micro-timeboxes totaling 15 minutes or less.
Overview of the second Liberating Structure, 15% Solutions, also includes instructions. This exercise is divided into 3 micro-timeboxes totaling 10 minutes or less.
Overview of the third Liberating Structure, Troika Consulting, also includes instructions. This exercise is divided into 4 micro-timeboxes totaling 15 minutes or less.
The next structure can be added or deleted as needed depending on how we are filling our timebox.
Overview of the fourth Liberating Structure, TRIZ, also includes instructions. This exercise is divided into 3 micro-timeboxes totaling 20 minutes or less.
Concluded with summarization of Liberating Structures and pointers to references, including user groups, training, web sites, and the definitive book. The session is intended for a 90 minute timeframe but can be expanded or contracted as needed by adding or removing Liberating Structures.
An attendee will be able to immediately apply multiple Liberating Structures that they have practiced.
Attendees will be introduced to Liberating Structures as a set of protocols for communication and collaboration. The purpose and intent of the protocols will be discussed and described. Attendees will actually participate in a variety of Liberating Structure exercises, enabling the techniques to be applied immediately. To summarize the session a set of online resources will be provided to the attendees so they can research further at their leisure.
Facilitators, Trainers, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches
Presentation history of this workshop:
- A variety of client engagements since 2011
- Agile Tour Sydney 2016
Alex's conference and presentation history:
- Agile Open Northwest 2012 - Session Leader
- Übermind ÜnConference 2012 - Session Leader
- MobileUXCamp Seattle 2012 - Session Leader
- Seattle Kaizen Camp 2012 - Session Leader
- MAQCon 2012 - Cofounder
- MobileUXCamp Seattle 2013 - Session Leader
- Seattle Kaizen Camp 2013 - Session Leader
- MobileUXCamp Seattle 2014 - Session Leader
- Seattle Kaizen Camp 2014 - Session Leader
- Construx Software Executive Summit 2014 - Facilitator
- Shell Developers Summit 2015 - Keynote Speaker
- Scrum Coaching Retreat Seattle 2015 - Volunteer Team
- Un:Conference Canberra 2016 - Session Leader
- Agile2016 - Volunteer Team
- UX Australia 2016 - Speaker, Reviewer
- Agile Coach Camp Sydney 2016 - Session Leader
- Agile Tour Sydney 2016 - Facilitator
- StartCon 2016 - Pitch Competitor
- Global Scrum Gathering San Diego 2017 - Reviewer
- Agile Australia 2017 - Reviewer
- JAFAC 2017 - Session Leader
References to Your Speaking Ability
- Jeremie Benazra - [email protected]
- Simon Bennett - [email protected]
- Steve McConnell - [email protected]
- Damian Troselj - [email protected]
schedule Submitted 5 years ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Victoria Schiffer / Stephanie BySouth - The frontier to leadership agilityVictoria SchifferDelivery ManagerSEEKStephanie BySouthAgileBossBySouth
schedule 5 years agoSold Out!
Stephanie BySouth | Director, Authentika
We often expect ourselves to lead people like mythical legends with the mystical abilities to influence others. Expectations and judgements are thrown at leaders without consideration that they are also people. We aren’t afforded the same learning courtesy as Agile teams expect for themselves. That’s OK, because we know; no matter how safe, it’s not nice or easy to fail people. Especially those we are accountable for.
With this level of accountability and the need to support senior management to cross ‘the Agile team to Agile leadership chasm’ with clients, it was time for a leadership agility framework that serves us, the business and our teams simply and sustainably.