Naomi will be presenting the following session
Naomi Pollock - Communicate for Outcomes (starting with the humble email)Naomi PollockBusiness Analyst & Scrum MasterLatitude Financial Services
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
- Ever go to the trouble of explaining something in writing, only to have it misunderstood?
- Ever struggle to get the responses you want via email?
- Ever had a challenging colleague or client that required 'handle with care' emails?
Although us Agilists value face-to-face communication, we acknowledge that email and documentation are still necessary parts of our work. If you answered yes to any of the above, please accept this invitation to join me for a session on delivering clear written comms that generate respect and action from your audience.
Learn how to:
- Amp up the power of your written message using a few simple techniques;
- Write to persuade, influence and generate results;
- Hose down (and don’t accidentally start) emotive exchanges; and
- Build your personal brand with clear cut through and just enough grammar and punctuation.
Bonus Netiquette Essentials segment (because we know you want more).
1. Who are you?
I’m Naomi, and I’m currently evolving my BA brand (in my head it’s Marie Kondo meets Catwoman) whilst I decide what to be when I grow up. My natural laziness means I’m highly motivated to find the easiest and quickest way to do things, which has turned out to be a reasonably transferable skill. I’m a lifelong learner and am passionate about open, ego-free communication between people and teams. I try to be a positive voice and living example for gender equality and I’m hugely honoured to be part of LAST 2019.