DevOps and Agile transformations are very popular in big corporates, however there is often a disconnect between the teams, the middle management, the "business" and the customer. Despite investing heavily in DevOps and Agile practices, tools and processes; transformations fail to deliver better outcome for the customers.
In my presentation I am looking at red flags when implementing Agile and DevOps practices. However, it's not just an angry rant about all the things that are going wrong. I also have a look at how we can make our organisation a better place with setting the right goals, measuring the right things and nurturing the people.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
45 minutes of talk
- Introduction (3 minutes)
- Why organisations transform and why do they fail (10 minutes)
- Amber and Red lights (Red flags, warning signs and antipatterns) (12 minutes)
- Green lights (Purpose, Alignment, People) (15 minutes)
- Questions and Answers (5 minutes)
- Raising awareness of antipatterns and to identify warning signs (e.g. velocity being the primary measure for team performance)
- Refocus on important values and principles (e.g. Scrum values, Principles from the manifesto)
- Inspire to find new practices for these values (e.g. Value stream mapping, M3.0 practices)
Agile coaches, People leaders, Scrum masters
schedule Submitted 3 years ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Sweta Mistry - Structure, fun and freedom with Liberating StructuresSweta MistryAgile & Organization CoachBloomberg
schedule 3 years agoSold Out!
Tired of boring meetings and painful processes to arrive at group decisions?
Creating an engaging experience while ensuring a safe space is hard - especially if you need participants to feel comfortable being vulnerable and authentic.
One way around this is to introduce Liberating Structures. You may already be unknowingly familiar with them. For example, did you know Open Space is one of the many Liberating Structures?
Simple, structured and alternative ways of how people work together, Liberating Structures provide various approaches for engaging groups. They help generate clear and concise decision-making, while creating a fun and appealing environment.
Attend this energizing session where you will learn about and practice various Liberating Structures. You’ll leave being able to apply several Liberating Structures next time you need to work with a group.