Debriefing the Session Notes for Exploratory Testing
Session notes in Exploratory testing(ET) approach can be used to capture more than bugs. It not only serves as a memory of a bug, but a structured testing and learning method can be deduced from the session notes.
The workshop comprises of:
- Introduction to ET and Session based test management (SBTM)
- Elements of Session Notes
- Note taking skills, tools and tips
- Detection theory, Metrics
Many complain about ET being unstructured, session notes is an answer to such misleading beliefs.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
- Introduction - 10 minutes
- Elements of the session notes - 40 minutes
- Case study - 20 minutes
- Questions and Conclusion - 20 minutes
- Uses of session notes
- To define context
- To debunk myths about Exploratory Testing
- To answer questions about metrics in Exploratory Testing
Testing fraternity - Beginners and advanced exploratory testers.