Reports of Automation : All problems, One Solution
In the topsy turvy world of automation, root cause analysis of hundred test cases executed in different iterations/platforms is a real challenge. And in IT world, challenges give birth to new tools, technologies & solution methodology.
So, my demonstration aims at handling this tedious challenge by a simple key process to handle the situation & build a custom tool which seamlessly integrates with any framework. Succinctly, it will give a clear picture of capturing, analyzing & figuring out the root cause for failure amidst execution of many test cases in multiple iterations/platforms.
Outline/Structure of the Demonstration
- Problem Statement
- Handling Automation Reports for multiple platforms.
- Key Problems in test execution and result.
- Comparing Automation Results with multiple iterations
- Technologies used for building solution.
- Approach for designing automation testcases.
- Standard Test case template.
- Best Practices.
- How to build your framework
- Things to be considered for Reports
- Report Analysis and Trends
- Backward Traceability
- Q & A
- Manage multiple test execution
- Managing daily and weekly executions.
- Historical Analysis
- Comparison of test results across multiple builds
- Comparison of the test results across multiple iterations
- Comparison of the test results across multiple browsers
- Best Practices for scripting test cases
Automation Engineers and Managers