How to automate Electron applications(desktop app) using WebDriver ?
Nowadays we could see an increasing number of desktop applications, Electron has become a buzzword in desktop applications world, B2B, and B2C applications are started moving towards desktop applications, In some cases, Products have both desktop applications and web applications, for instance, Setmore, Setmore web and Setmore desktop app for anywhereworks, anywhereworks web and for desktop app, for Whatsapp whatsapp web and WhatsApp desktop
As a testing engineer, we have the challenge to automate both web and desktop, In this session, we will see how we can automate Electron applications with the same codebase which you use to automate web applications but with small modifications
Outline/Structure of the Demonstration
- What is Electron?
- Challenges in automating desktop applications
- How does browser automation works?
- Remote debugging with Chrome Developer Tools
- How to automate electron
- Attendees will come out with knowledge on how to automate Electron and Chromium based apps with WebDriver.
- How to use Remote Debugging.
- Basic knowledge of how WebDriver, ChromeDriver, and Chrome communicate with each other.
QA and Automation Testers