Agile – Top-Down Always Makes for a Better Ride
As a business leader you may be the missing ingredient to an organization effectively transitioning to Agile. Agile requires a culture shift in governance from a chess master (command and control) to a gardener (cultivates the organizations).
“With the right Agile Top-Down approach, the ride to success is always better!”
As PwC’s national agile leaders, we have extensive first-hand experience providing assurance to Canadian Financial Institutions, Media Organizations, and Insurance Companies on the maturity and health of their agile teams, projects and culture. The number one reason we see Agile projects fail in the Canadian market is due to Agile being looked at like an IT technical change as opposed to an organizational change – and business leaders are often not leading that change.
We have identified 5 areas in transitioning to Agile that play a significant role in effectively meeting customer demands and business needs. We will discuss each of these areas and provide pragmatic approaches that we have advised and seen businesses implement successfully.
- Changing Roles
- Continuous Improvement
Who should attend:
As a manager or executive, if you have experienced pain points in transitioning to agile or are not seeing the benefits expected, then this interactive discussion will provide value. It is designed for business leaders to be enablers of agile while also providing assurance. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you will likely enjoy this session!
- Do you have a software team following Agile but nothing has changed in the business (governance, compliance, controls)?
- Is your organization transitioning from Traditional to Agile roles and you are afraid that your position will no longer be relevant?
- As an Executive, Manager, or a member of the 2nd and 3rd lines of defense, how can you become a better enabler of Agile to help achieve business objectives while providing effective assurance?
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Introduction (7 min)
- Short Video Created for Conference: Agile Top Down (5 min)
- Agile Management 5 Focus Areas –Talk with questions that are directed to the audience (participation)
- Vision (5 min)
- Culture (5 min)
- Changing Roles (5 min)
- Flexibility (5 min)
- Continuous Improvement(5 min)
- Brief Audience Exercise (8 min)
- Working out a solution with the person to their left/right/table (depending on room layout) to a presented problem faced in Agile from a leadership perspective
- Wrap Up/Recap (5 min)
- Questions (10 min)
- Transforming your organization to meet customer demands and deliver quality solutions
- How to be the best Agile leader by building trust within the team
- Governance in Agile – doing it the right way
- Being the champion of vision that your customers and stakeholders need
Executives, Managers, and any other Agile Practitioner who is interested in innovation and transformation