BOSSA nova: Beyond Agile - Preparing for Digitalization
Today companies are expected to be flexible and both rapidly responsive and resilient to change, to both survive but also to thrive on disruptions. These challenges call for company-wide agility. Yet, doing Agile (the mechanics) is different from being Agile (the mindset). For example, substituting management meetings with daily Scrums or using a backlog for the board of directors doesn’t make a company agile.
In order to become truly agile (meaning flexible, responsive, adaptive, fast, and nimble), you need to think outside the (agile) box. Company-wide agility requires a holistic approach, a combination of different principles: First and foremost the principles of
- Beyond Budgeting (flexible budgeting & relative targets),
- Open Space (leveraging the innovative power of all employees),
- Sociocracy (flexible organizational structures and decentralized decision making), and –of course–
- Agile (inspecting & adapting).
We synthesized these proven principles into a wider perspective dubbed BOSSA nova: B = Beyond Budgeting, OS = Open Space, S = Sociocracy, A = Agile. Jutta will reveal a path toward company-wide Agility by showing the synthesis of BOSSA nova.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Organizational challenges digitalization provides
- Resolution and limitation of Agile to the rescue
- Beyond Agile
- Synthesizing Beyond Budgeting, Open Space, Sociocracy & Agile
- Implications and applicability
- Understand the organizational values that need to be supported for the digital transformation
- Learn how Beyond Budgeting, Open Space, Sociocracy & Agile can be combined to support digitalization
- Know how you can start your digital transformation on the organizational level
Managers, Executives, Change Agents, Business Consultants & Coaches
Prerequisites for Attendees
Agile knowledge is a perquisites, some brief idea about Beyond Budgeting, Open Space, or Sociocracy is helpful but not required