Deep Learning Workshop
Venture into deep learning with this 2-day workshop that will take you from the mathematical and theoretical foundations to building models and neural networks in TensorFlow. You will apply as you learn, working on exercises throughout the workshop. To enhance learning, a second day is dedicated to applying your new skills in team project work.
This hands-on workshop is ideal for both data science and programming professionals, who are interested in learning the basics of deep learning and embarking on their first project.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
FUNDAMENTALS, CONVOLUTIONS, EMBEDDINGS, EXERCISES
The first day will see us learn as a group, working through exercises and building up a solid base of knowledge around deep learning.
We will cover key concepts in the field and introduce them with examples
The second day will see us consolidate our knowledge by working in small groups on complete projects. A few project options will be provided across image processing, natural language processing (NLP), and generative models.
This day will build real-world experience in deep learning model development.
- An intuitive understanding of the components of machine learning systems
- Experience building neural networks in TensorFlow and TFLearn
- Clear understanding of convolutions and representation learning
- Clear understanding of embeddings in deep learning, and how to learn them
- Practical real-world model development in TensorFlow
Anyone with Python programming experience who is interested in applying deep learning!
Prerequisites for Attendees
- Laptop with wifi-internet access.
- An internet connection