Over-selling the "Enterprise Agile Frameworks and Certifications"
- For instance, one should know the clear difference between hygienic practices vs context based practices - the first ones are not to be compromised at any cost, whereas the latter ones are to be applied based on the need, not because some framework prescribes it.
- For example, in the Execution Phase, doing pair programming and following TDD are hygienic practices for us. Having said that, it’s perfectly okay for a pair to split and work on a specific task on a case-to-case basis (we call this Pragmatic Programming) and the pair decides when and how long they would split and when to re-join.
- Started almost 3 years ago, on-going
- 10 quarterly planning workshops done so far
- 10+ teams, 7 timezones
- peak program size: 250+
- peak team size from my org.: 50+
- total no of systems: 10+
- geographical spread: plan: 100 countries, 132 locales launched so far: 53 countries, 56 locales
- 140 page-views / sec
- Av. response time: 1.3s
- Handling 100+K products in the catalog, 15+ K pages , 300+ K responsive images
- Blue-Green production deployment (zero downtime over 1.5 years)
- 3 weeks cycle of production releases
Outline/Structure of the Talk
This is how, I will split the 45 minutes of my talk:
15 minutes: My views on the individual/organizational level adoption of enterprise agile frameworks and certifications, reasons I see them as counter-productive
20 minutes: Without being prescriptive, share my experience in running distributed enterprise projects in a customized approach, following basic agile principles and processes
Agile Practitioners in any role
schedule Submitted 3 years ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Saket Bansal - How to fix team dysfunction?Saket BansalLead TraineriZenBridge
schedule 3 years agoSold Out!
Many teams suffer from dysfunction where they lack trust and have huge communication overhead. Can we fix it? I do not have directly plug and play solution for this but I have done some experiments in this area which I would like to share during this talk.
To give some idea things like following will get presented with real life experience
- Right Information radiators
- Culture of Accountability
- Fixing the Process or work allocation and monitoring
- Promote Healthy Conflict
- Show vulnerable side of you
- And many more… I am still exploring.
Anand Bagmar - Create your Future!Anand BagmarSoftware Quality EvangelistEssence of Testing
schedule 3 years agoSold Out!
With all the focus on Test practices and tools getting better for the present, it is easy to forget about the Future of Testing, especially in terms of Tools and Infrastructure? A question that always comes up in my mind - “Are we so caught up in the past and present, that we will not be as effective in the future?”
In this talk, we will go on a journey to figure out what new challenges are coming up in the future, and more importantly, what do we need to do next to prepare for it. Also, just preparing for the future is not sufficient. We have an opportunity to stretch beyond our current set of skills, capabilities and boundaries to influence out future! The question is - will we make use of this opportunity? Will Selenium help us take the step in the right direction? Or, will it hold us back?