Agile in Fixed Priced Projects
Word Agile along with FPP(Fixed Price Projects) becomes one of the trending tagline, Lots of discussion we see whether Agile can/cannot be implemented in FPP(Fixed Price Projects) and we see equivocal set of people for both sets.
In Agile (particularly Scrum) if I talk about all the scrum ceremonies intent to create more of an “Inspect and Adapt” cum “Empirical” approach where the learnings of one Sprint/Milestone is implemented in the upcoming Sprint/Milestone.
Fixed Price Projects provides rigorous environment to implement Scrum as the Time and Budget is fixed and there is little to play with the scope in the Sprint/Milestone.
This discussion will be based on a case study in which a FPP was delivered in Agile with no escalations.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
Agile in fixed priced projects
- Introduction -Agile in FPP? -Budget, Time fixed and Scope Variable. -Knock down effect.
- Breakdown -Estimation -Scope -Sprint-0 -Stakeholder engagement -Conclusion
- Estimation -Granularity -Estimation technique -Three point estimation
- Scope -When to freeze scope? -Estimation technique. -Three point estimation.
- Sprint-0 -Plan the Spikes. -Establish a robust development framework. -Establish DOR and DOD in context of the framework. -Ensure Regulatory/Organisational compliances.
- Stakeholder Engagement -Categorise into Required, Not-Required and Optional segments -SM to decide the ceremony attendees. -Transparency. -Metrices.
- Conclusion -Impediment Resolution. -No half-cooked Agile. -Prevent Agile to be a nightmare for team.
-Planning a Fixed Priced Project in Agile
-Win-Win situation with all stakeholders
-Scope Management in Agile mode
Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Project Managers, Program Managers
Prerequisites for Attendees