Agile For Application Maintenance and Support
In today’s digital era Organizations have to rely on software applications to drive their business growth. Defining new strategies to increase their customer base and new revenue channels is important. It is critical for an Organization to enhance and manage their software applications.
Organizations have to build Application Maintenance and Support (AMS) Teams to ensure all applications and softwares are running seamlessly.
Everything around us is evolving so quickly including technologies, market conditions and customer expectations. Merely fixing bugs and maintaining software is not sufficient. Enhancing user experience, improving performance, maintaining sustainability and staying competitive are crucial for organization success.
Agile Methodology is based on empirical process and it enables organizations to adapt and respond to changes quickly in Product Development Cycle. Responding to customers promptly is important for AMS as well. Can Organizations apply Agile Principles to Application Maintenance and Support? Besides responding promptly to customer can AMS be leveraged for gathering and collecting customer data efficiently to define user centric solutions?
I will be unfolding answers to these questions during my Presentation using my own journey as Change Agent. I will share how organizations can evolve Application Maintenance and Support teams as part of their Agile Transformation Journey.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Introduction – Why Agile?
- How Application Maintenance and Support can be Agile?
- Tools are important
- Step 1: Identifying Bottlenecks
- Step 2: Continuous Improvements
- Step 3: Monitoring
- We @ BookMyShow
- By combining Kanban and Kaizen philosophies Organizations can build an Application Maintenance and Support(AMS) process model to help them build product with User Empathy.
- Visual boards and smart dashboard will help them identify broken and slow process pipelines, faulty code modules.
- Besides being Point of Contact for all technical issues / queries escalated internally/externally in Organization, AMS can adapt to Monitoring as their core responsibility. This will help early detection of problems before impacting the customer.
- AMS can be a key stepping stone in Organization’s Agile Transformation journey.
For agile enthusiast on transformation journey
Prerequisites for Attendees