Business Narratives for transforming digitally
Digital disruption is changing the world in which we live and work. New technologies have created new markets that, in turn, create new customers and new competitors. And those customers and competitors are driving new expectations.
Digital transformation is a natural progression from traditional business transformation, one more suited to the modern world.
For a Digital transformation to be successful, we need a high level of employee and customer buy-in. Resistance to change can derail even the most carefully planned digital strategy and leave investments in flames.
We need absolute clarity about digital’s demands, galvanized leadership, unparalleled agility, and the resolve to bet boldly.
Narratives or storytelling has always been central to human experience – it's how we explain and make sense of the world. It takes intuitiveness and empathy on the part of the storyteller to connect with the audience.
An effective narrative can catch our attention and to help us to apprehend the world while touching us, makes it a powerful tool and a valuable instrument for leaders.
Can leaders leverage this craft element of business narratives to be the key to achieving employee and customer buy-in ?
Can we motivate our workforce through a narrative and make them believe in the desired outcome, and see what’s in it for them?
Can business narratives enhance collaboration and innovation?
In this session I will discuss a story of a digital transformation program how we have used narratives to
Lead team into the Future
Communicate vision and instill Organizational Values
Transmit Knowledge and Understanding
Improve collaboration and Innovation
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Personal anecdotes from my childhood how narratives have made an impact in my life- 5 mins
- Game to illustrate why narratives stick – 10 min
- Digital transformation and it’s challenges ( Research studies will be quoted here)- 2 mins
- Brief overview of the digital transformation program in reference – 5 mins
- How and where business narratives were used to engage team and stakeholders – 25 mins
- The outcome of applying business narratives to the program and recap - 3mins
- Ability to alleviate challenges with digital transformation through the art of business narratives
- Ability to engage employees and customer in this age of shortened attention span
- Ability to tell a compelling narrative with different modes of storytelling traditional, visual and social media
Change Agents, Leaders, Agile coaches - basically anyone who leads change
Prerequisites for Attendees