Congratulations! You are our startup's first Scrum Master! What's next?
Do you fancy playing the first Scrum Master of a startup?
Do you want to live the challenges faced by the first Scrum Master of a startup? Do you feel that your organization is dramatically different from the 'ideal' organizations, which the Agile workshops project as a basic requirement for doing Agile development? Do you wish to deliver predictable results while your management is on-the-way to make your organization 'Agile-ready'? This tutorial is just what you want.
In this tutorial, you will experience the life of a first Scrum Master of a twenty member startup, which has expansion plans. Each of the audience will put themselves in the Scrum Master's shoes and try to solve the challenges posed by the ever-changing environment, while the company's management is putting its best efforts to make the organization 'Agile-ready'. In this interactive tutorial, a gripping story-line will drag you into the world of uncertainties where you would be challenged to take life-changing decisions regarding your product team's daily work.
Even if you are not in a startup, this tutorial would benefit you because everyone still comes across ad-hoc situations which go against the ideal expectations of Agile world.
Outline/Structure of the Tutorial
- Introduction - 3 mins
- Characteristics of an Ideal Agile Organization - 4 mins
- Congratulations! You are our first Scrum Master! - 10 mins
- Our Organization Structure
- Our Team members
- Meet our Product Owner
- You can ask us anything except...
- Activities (Series of situations where Scrum Master is required to respond, keeping the restrictions of the organizations in mind) - 30 mins
- Challenging Situation - 1*
- Analysis of responses to Situation - 1
- Challenging Situation - 2*
- Analysis of responses to Situation - 2
- Challenging Situation - 3*
- Analysis of responses to Situation - 3
- And so on, until Challenging Situation - n
- What did we learn? - 4 mins
- The journey continues - 1 minute
- Q & A - 8 mins
* Situations will be revealed at the time of tutorial (Surprise element :D )
For Scrum Masters
- An experience of taking life-changing decisions during the storm.
- An idea of how to excel even when the organization does not yet have an ideal Agile-ready setup.
For Organization Heads/Owners
- The view of one's own world from the eyes of a Scrum Master.
- Ideas on how to support productive decisions during transition to Agile.
- An idea of what complaints to expect from your first Scrum Master
For Agile Team Members
- An experience of challenges in an aspiring-but-not-yet-agile team.
- Undertanding of importance of clear communication
For Product Owners
- An understanding that first Scrum Master role is as challenging as the first Product Owner's role.
- Ideas on how to support positive changes inside organization to make an awesome product.
Scrum Masters, Agile developers, Product Owners