Going Agile In An Embedded & Frimware Environment
Agile for embedded and firmware product development can be very complex and challenging than traditional software development. For example, how do we coordinate hardware design and development with embedded and firmware work, how do we map extensive verification and validation like lab testing to the Agile framework, or how do we even ensure we have enough time in the Agile process to design out the features for implementation before a Sprint. These are just a few examples of difficult challenges we have. This presentation will discuss agile approaches based on the Scaled Agile Framework to address these challenges for embedded and firmware development.
Outline/structure of the Session
1. Set the Context.
2. Describe the issues and challenges for adopting Agile for an embedded and firmware environment.
3. Discuss what I did as an Lean|Agile Coach to help the client to overcome these issues and challenges
4. Conclude with next steps to how we continued to improve the process and framework.
5. Open it up to Q & A
1. Understanding of issues and challenges for adopting Agile for an embedded and firmware environment.
2. Options to overcome issues and challenges for adopting Agile for an embedded and firmware environment.
People with at least 2 years of Scrum and Agile experience