How to ensure Agile and Quality go hand in hand
Working in agile for last 5 years and running 3 different programs with 2 week sprint, the biggest hurdle which I experienced was ensuring no short cuts taken and quality not compromised. Few best practices which I have experienced over last few years is
- Never give waiver even if milestone being hit.
- Ensure right information radiators being focused by leadership team
- Regular Risk assessment
- Don't try and bolt quality by exhaustive QA. Build quality at first level.
Would like to take opportunity to share few key practices to ensure quality not being compromised
Outline/structure of the Session
- Challenges observed due to quality fallout. Feedbacks directly from field
- iterative improvements done over 3 years
- Evolution of best practices to ensure quality assured as Agile journey proceeds
- What aspects to be taken care to ensure Quality not compromised
- How to track without micro managing
- Sample information radiators
Product Owners, Managers, Scrum masters