Being Swamped - Challenges of Organizations in 21st century
Companies applying Scrum and entering an Agile transformation often see quickly improvements on the operational level. In my experience as an Agile coach, these efforts often hit a wall, where improvements are not visible anymore. Scrum Masters can't remove impediments, the Product is not being improved or teams are stuck with legacy & technical debt.
While promoted by Senior leadership and inspired from teams, organizations often forget to include the middle management in their agile transformation efforts.
Outline/Structure of the Presentation
- Why do big companies fail?
- What has been changed in the last 60 years?
- The increased complexity leads to 3 different leadership swamps
- A mindset such as agile can help organizations to navigate through the swamps.
- Examples of successful companies navigating the swamp
- 4 principles in leadership might be helpful
Understanding of the challenges, organizations face in 21st century from a leadership & middle management perspective and how they might be able to address the issues.
HR, Organisation Development, CEO, Chief People's Officer, Directors, Scrum Master, Chief Scrum Masters, Agile Leaders, Agile Coaches
Prerequisites for Attendees
Agile Frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, The agile Manifesto, Agile Leadership