An Agile Transformation Journey at BookMyShow
Nowadays Agile is on the wishlist for every Organization. They want to be Agile for Faster Time to Market, to Achieve Competitive Advantage over their competitors. Organizations adapt to various tools and processes to achieve Agility. And they claim achieving Agility at initial adoption.
This talk is about my journey as an Agile Coach and how i am using my learnings to transform my Organization. I am heading Agile Transformation office at BookMyShow, leading online ticketing platform in India. I will share my experiences on how I approached this journey, achievements and failures.
Outline/Structure of the Presentation
- Why my organization want to be Agile?
- Define Transformation Milestones
- Building an Agile Transformation Office
- Building a Cross functional team - inspired by Spotify
- Agile software development lifecycle - Delivery to Execution
- Continuous Improvements
- Scaling and challenges
- Failures and learnings
- Journey starts from Top to Bottom - Identify why your Organization want to be Agile? It should not be because its a market trend or customer asked to be Agile. As an Agile coach you need to help Organization identify these reasons. If senior leadership is align and inspired then they will be key Change Agents of this Journey.
- Sometimes transformation is mere adaptation of tools and processes. Organizations run in circles with metrics like utilization and KRAs damaging the core "Agile Mindset". This is where Agile coach need to work with middle layer leadership to help them see beyond utilization. Middle layer leadership will be your key drivers to achieve Value driven deliveries and sustainable improvements.
- Agile Transformation Office is not just Project Management Office (PMO). You cant bring transformation by just processes and metrics. Extensible code base and automation framework are key stepping stone. This is where bottom up education required in Organization. Bottom up approach can not be just Scrum and Agile Training. It involves building technical competencies, cross functional team, strong engineering practices and logical open minded people pool.
- Agile is not just for software and IT. It needs to scale to other departments in Organization.
- Agile Transformation is a Journey, not a destination. Every journey has milestones. Identify milestones for your Organization. Celebrate success at each milestone and adjust as per failures = learnings.
agile enthusiasts on a transformation journey
Prerequisites for Attendees
familiar with Agile Principals
schedule Submitted 1 year ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Pradnya Gothal - Agile for Enterprise Application Maintenance and SupportPradnya GothalAgile CoachBookMyShow
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
In today’s digital era Organizations have to rely on software applications to drive their business growth. Defining new strategies to increase their customer base and new revenue channels is important.
Organizations have to build Application Maintenance and Support (AMS) Team to ensure all applications and software are running seamlessly. Everything around us is evolving so quickly including technologies, market conditions and customer expectations. Merely fixing bugs and maintaining software is not sufficient. Enhancing user experience, improving performance, maintaining sustainability and staying competitive are crucial for success.
Agile Methodology is based on empirical process and it enables organizations to adapt and respond to changes quickly in Product Development Cycle. Can Organizations apply Agile Principals to AMS? Besides responding to customer fast can AMS be leverage for collecting user data efficiently to define user centric solutions?
I will be unfolding answers to these question during my Presentation using my own journey as Change Agent. I will share how organizations can evolve AMS teams as part of their Agile Transformation Journey.