Deep Dive in Lambdas - A Performance Analysis With Eclipse and JMHVaibhav Choudhary
schedule 11 months agoSold Out!
JDK8 adoption was the best Java Adoption. And when we talk of Java 8, we come across functional programming and lambdas. I saw many talks going around on how to use Lambdas. Yes, it is still a nightmare for many developers to use :D. Lets first focus on why to use Lambdas. What are the performance benefits by using Lambdas.
In this talk, I want to show you the performance analysis of Lambdas using Java micro benchmarking. Eclipse has excellent support for JMH. In a quick, we can see a Lambda and a similar non-lambda code benchmarking.
Agenda will look like this :-
1. Lambda implementation and InvokeDynamic
2. Capturing and Non-capturing lambdas.
3. Performance Matrix for both the lambdas.
4. Eclipse Plugin for JMH - How to use it for benchmarking.
5. A real demo for Lambdas. (Can't do much but surely 2-3 demos as the warmup takes time)
6. When to use Lambdas and when not to use.