Deep Dive in Lambdas - A Performance Analysis With Eclipse and JMHVaibhav Choudhary
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
JDK8 adoption was the best Java Adoption. And when we talk of Java 8, we come across functional programming and lambdas. I saw many talks going around on how to use Lambdas. Yes, it is still a nightmare for many developers to use :D. Lets first focus on why to use Lambdas. What are the performance benefits by using Lambdas.
In this talk, I want to show you the performance analysis of Lambdas using Java micro benchmarking. Eclipse has excellent support for JMH. In a quick, we can see a Lambda and a similar non-lambda code benchmarking.
Agenda will look like this :-
1. Lambda implementation and InvokeDynamic
2. Capturing and Non-capturing lambdas.
3. Performance Matrix for both the lambdas.
4. Eclipse Plugin for JMH - How to use it for benchmarking.
5. A real demo for Lambdas. (Can't do much but surely 2-3 demos as the warmup takes time)
6. When to use Lambdas and when not to use.