Embedded Testing decompiled by Target Communication Framework
When compared with normal stand alone applications or web applications, debugging Embedded Applications are relatively tough primarily due to the inherent complexity of real time computing. There are several factors that make the embedded applications complex:
- the platform chosen specifically to optimise the target application,
- embedded application are typically selected for small tasks and
- in embedded system; memory, speed and tools are always time sensitive.
Generally, embedded applications are debugged and tested for
- logical or synchronisation problems in code,
- design error in hardware and
- information on operating states to boost performance and optimise.
For debugging and testing different tools are carefully chosen based on the target platforms. Some of the available methods / tools are:
- In-circuit emulators
- JTAG/BDM debuggers
- Customed hardware
- LEDs and switches
- Serial or other communication ports
The concern with the traditional methodologies are:
- Most embedded systems cannot host a development environment, many cannot have host debugger
- Development occurs on PCs and remote debugging is usually provided by the IDE / debugger to trouble shoot the target
- Each software development tool has its own method of communication with targets
- Communication methods conflict with each other, require individual setup, configuration and maintenance.
- Most of the embedded system communication doesn't follow same protocols
The above factors is amplified when an organisation works into automotive safety critical applications.
Thanks to TCF from eclipse, which helps teams to address this complex challenge by providing the key to unlock the aforementioned issues.
This session will provide a practical understanding of Target Communication Framework and will provide key inputs for the engineers working on real time systems.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Introduction to TCF
- Sample Demo
- How to start with TCF?
- Basics of TCF
- Why TCF and usage in the Embedded testing domain
- Building a prototype
embedded testing software developers and embedded test engineers
schedule Submitted 1 year ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Benjamin Cabé - Diving into the Internet of Things with Eclipse IoTBenjamin CabéIoT EvangelistEclipse Foundation
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
IoT is the new black, and you sure want to join the party, right!? Join this tutorial to learn more on some of the technologies you need to master in order to build an IoT solution, and in particular learn more about some essentiel Eclipse open source projects that can help you in your journey.
Rahul Chandrashekar - Drone gets its wings by using Eclipse IoT FrameworksRahul ChandrashekarProgram ManagerRobert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Pvt LtdNiranjanSnr ArchitectRobert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Pvt Limited
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
The increasing growth of industries and vehicles traffic have affected environment 2.4 million people died every year by the information of world health organization . Clean air is vital need for every human being. Polluted air causes many health problems and several damages. Therefore to make any step ahead of controlling the pollution rate it is necessary to monitor the air quality which may help us to make a right decision at right time.
The Air Pollution Monitoring Drone clustered with wireless sensor network provides real time pollution data for gases like CO2, NO2. A light weight middleware and web interface in order to view the one pollution data in the form of charts and number, along with the pollution data, the air pollution monitoring drone also provides live stream of other parameters like temperature and humidity are also sensed along with the gas concentrations which enable the data analysis through the data fusion techniques this system provide accurate pollutant data – thus helping the policy makers in taking appropriate precautions when it is needed.
What is the relevance of this topic in EclipseSummit'16?
The Air Pollution drone would have not been possible without eclipse IoT frameworks and During the session such a system will be presented with full technology stack on eclipse IoT topics like Kura powered by MQTT.
A live drone will also be flown during the presentation maintaining a safe distance from the audience.
- Rahul Chandrashekar (Bosch)
- Niranjan Babu (Bosch)
- Srinivas Channakeshava(Bosch)