Unearth Eclipse Modeling Framework
Eclipse Modeling Framework is and has always been a popular project within the Eclipse Community. Many a times EMF is compared to JAXB and called as a Bean or Pojo Generator from Class Diagram. But definitely its lot more than than. This talk is to explore and unearth the potential of using EMF in your Project beyond a Class Diagram to Java Model Generator.
Outline/structure of the Session
Eclipse Modeling Framework
- Generating & Executing an EMF Model
- Using the ItemProviders of .edit to create a TreeViewer
- Using EditingDomain and Command Stack for Model Editing
- Integrating the Properties View with EMF Model View
- Using CNF to display EMF Model
- Contributing to Context Menu using NewChildDescriptors
- Displaying your EMF Model on a TableViewer
- Validating EMF Model using EMF Modelling Framework
- Dynamic Browsing and Instantiation Capabilities in EMF
- Dynamic Ecore from XML Schema
- Opening EMF Model in a GMF Editor
- Validating an EMF Model using Validation Framework
- Coloring TableColumns that use AdapterFactoryLabelProvider
Participants would confidently walk out of the session having an understanding of EMF and EMFT Projects and its importance and why it is so useful. How frameworks like ECP, EEF, EMF Forms are build around it.
Eclipse Plugin Developers, Modelling Guys
Participants would need to carry their laptops with Eclipse for Modelling Installed on IT.
Room Layout and Seating Arrangement : Classroom Setup for HandsOn Session