Don’t Dump the Thread Dump
Thread dumps are vital diagnostic information for identifying root causes of critical problems. In this session, you will learn different formats of thread dumps + tips & tricks to analyze them effectively. You will be introduced to real-world problems that are experienced by several major enterprises and how these tricks helped them to identify the root cause of the problem.
Outline/structure of the Session
I am a good entertaining & engaging speaker. Attendees smile, laugh & clap hands frequently in my sessions. I regularly speak at Java One and other conferences.
1. Software design patterns (Singleton, Factory, Visitor...) helps us to build effective software.Similar to that I have developed 12 thread dump analysis patterns (https://blog.fastthread.io/category/thread-dump-patterns/) - which helps one to effectively analyze thread dumps. These patterns have helped several engineers to troubleshoot and identify root cause of the complex production problems.
2. It always easy to learn with examples. These patterns will be taught to the attendees through the real world problems that are experienced by major enterprises and startups. Attendees will be shown the real world thread dumps and how these patterns help to identify the root cause
schedule Submitted 5 months ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Become a Garbage Collection Hero ! (GC )Ramlakshmanan
schedule 5 months agoSold Out!
Are you building high throughput, low latency application? Are you trying to figure out perfect JVM heap size? Are you struggling to choose right garbage collection algorithm and settings? Are you striving to achieve pause less GC? Do you know the right tools & best practices to tame the GC? Do you know to troubleshoot memory problems using GC logs? You will get complete answers to several such questions in this session.
Tuning Garbage collection for an application is both an art & science. There are 5 different GC algorithms (serial, Parallel, CMS, G1, shenandoah) and 690+ JVM settings, which makes GC tuning to be a daunting task. There are very limited high quality literature and documentations are available for GC tuning.
I written several blogs related to GC tuning, which has been published in all major developer sites such as: DZone, Infoq, theserverside.com, Developer.com…. Here are some of my articles related to this subject:
1. Reduce long GC pause (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/22/reduce-long- gc-pauses/)
2. Real time greater than user + sys time (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/12/08/real-time- greater-than-user- and-sys- time/)
3. Sys time greater than user time (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/12/11/sys-time- greater-than- user-time/)
4. Consecutive Full GC Patterns (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/22/eliminate-consecutive- full-gcs/)
5. System GC (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/22/system-gc/)
6. Diagnose memory leak (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/22/resolve-memory- leak/)
7. Best Practices for rotating GC Log (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/15/rotating-gc- log-files/)
8. How to increase throughput? (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/22/increase-throughput/)
I am a good entertaining & engaging speaker. Attendees smile, laugh & clap hands frequently in my sessions. I regularly speak at Java One and other conferences. Here are some of my talks:
- https://blog.fastthread.io/2016/09/22/2016-java- one-talk- few-memorable- moments/
- https://blog.tier1app.com/2013/10/07/7-secrets- of-wells- fargo-soa- platforms-high-availability/
- https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/01/02/spoke-vmoksha- technologies/
- My Blogs: https://blog.gceasy.io/, https://blog.fastthread.io/
- My DZone Profile: https://dzone.com/users/2756952/vmoksha.html
Am I reading GC logs correctly?Ramlakshmanan
schedule 5 months agoSold Out!
There are several formats for garbage collection logs. Depending on the Java vendor (Oracle, IBM, HP,...), Java version (5, 6, 7, 8, 9), GC algorithm (serial, parallel, CMS, G1), and JVM options (-X..) garbage collection log format varies. Analyzing all these formats is not trivial. In this session, you will not only learn how to analyze different GC log formats but also how to troubleshoot complex memory problems with help of GC logs. We will walk-through some of the serious troubled real-world GC logs and troubleshoot them.