Implementing Reactive Applications using Akka (and Play)
So you have read the reactive manifesto. What does it mean? How reactive traits are used in real world applications? How does one implement - event-driven, scalable, resilient & responsive applications for JVM?
I think its time to act on it. In this workshop we will take ideas from manifesto and implement them in an application.
Its time to take ideas from the manifesto and implement them in an application and learn how these ideas can be used in real world. We will use Java 8 and Scala to build our solution.
Outline/structure of the Session
- We will start with a discussion about Reactive manifesto and types of problems it is trying to solve.
- Talk about the design of the sample application we will build during the workshop. This should encourage lots of discussions about architecture
- Introduction to Akka
- Take each trait from Reactive manifesto and implement it.
- At the end we will integrate it with UI to have a an end to end full blown reference reactive application.
- Exposure to Reactive application architectures and its trade off
- Learn Akka Actors
- Learn about scalability and fault tolerance design patterns
- Learn about Play framework
Developers and Architectures