C# as a Functional Programming Language
C# is one of the most popular .NET languages, and yes it supports Functional programming as well.
In this talk first we'll draw parity of functions like High Order functions, Curry functions, Pure functions e.t.c. in the C# context.
Later we'll see how C# implements the functional programming paradigm with the help of Lambda and LINQ with a real life example.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Introduction to different types of functions with examples in C# (15 minutes).
- Introduction with Demo to LINQ and Lambda functions in C# (20 minutes), explore the joy of writing a more natural query than the SQL over your .net Objects.
- Q & A
- A better understanding about functional programming
- Learn about Lambda and LINQ in C#
- Be able to refactor your code to functional programming version
any one who wants to learn basics of FP in easiest form and not neccessarily likes C# or java