Pure Functional Programming on JVM with Frege
JVM is one of the most widely used platforms and has attracted several languages. Though functional programming support is available through several languages, developers targeting JVM do not have an option that combines static typing with pure functional programming. Frege tries to address this space by providing a Haskell implementation on JVM. It comes with a good support for Java interoperability too.
I will be presenting this topic from the context of a developer targeting Java platform looking for pure functional programming options, not as a Haskell developer targeting JVM.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Introduction & Tooling - 5 min
- Pure functional programming (lazy, composition, type inference, currying) - 20 min
- Java interoperability - 15 min
- Q&A - 5 min
- How Frege fulfills the need for a pure-functional programming option on JVM
- Frege's way of functional programming
- Being a pure-functional language, how does Frege manage Java interoperability?
Developers on Java platform looking to leverage functional programming benefits