Migration Recipe from Angular 1.5 to Aurelia
Our recipe is based on our own experience. Coming with a legacy of Angular 1.5, we initially had inclination towards Angular 2.0. But an objective assessment of Angular 2.0 and Aurelia side by side gave us compelling reasons to change course.
We hope the topic resonates with many of the audiences and hopefully give than a direction and ignite thoughts.
Outline/structure of the Session
3) A quantitative Impact and effort assessment for migrating existing applications using Angular 1.x (migration limited to Client Side functionalities only).
4) Effort/Cost estimates on essential enterprise metrics that are likely to be impacted as a result of such migration.
5) Technical Deep Dive: An extensive look at and comparison of the distinct functional advantages Aurelia presents as a framework over Angular 1.x on a facet by facet basis. This part of the session will comprise of interactive hands-on coding with succinct examples to elaborate each facet in question.
6) Creating a small-scale Single Page Application with Aurelia that will include initial bootstrapping, and loading basic modules and functionalities in Aurelia. The focus will be on the ways in which Aurelia addresses some of the drawbacks/shortcomings in Angular and stands on its own in terms of good programming paradigms.
7) Conclusion, Where To Go From Here and QA Session.