Behaviour Driven Requirements and Testing at Halogen Software
Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) aims to refine and enhance the Agile development practice of Test Driven Development. This session relates the ongoing story of Halogen Software's BDD initiative.
As part of Halogen Software's move to more agile software development, we adopted BDD techniques to improve how we gather and record requirements, manage our development work, and automate testing.
I will describe our journey and the lessons I've learned about introducing BDD practices into a software development shop.
Outline/structure of the Session
- A summary of where we were as a development shop, and our feature driven practice
- The move to agile, with BDD-style requirements and testing
- The details of our BDD method (and why you might not call it BDD)
- Results so far - the good, the bad, the ugly
- Lessons learned
- Where we are now, and where we go from here
Attendees will gain an understanding of the challenges and rewards associated with implementing Behaviour Driven Development in a mature codebase with an established development team.
Developers, Quality Assurance, Product Owners