Continuous Testing: Stepping beyond Automation Testing!Mukta
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
Today businesses are changing rapidly and they need to support rapid innovations and changes. Agility in responding to change is the key to success for every business. IT industries are adapting agile software delivery approach and one of the recent and most acknowledged such practice is DevOps. DevOps helps accelerate the TTM, reduce risks and provides continuous feedback. Continuous Testing is the most important and crucial aspect of DevOps which emphasises continuous process improvement.
Today we don't just need test automation. Times today demand a method which will help measure the risk of business failure, and not just a report which show if tests have passed or failed. This impacts not just changes (or upgrades) in technology and tools, but also a change in quality management culture is observed.
Test automation helps us test faster, and provides a mechanism to detect software defects. Though automation can be considered as a pre requisite to continuous testing, continuous testing is much more. It helps provide process improvements that can prevent future defects from occurring. It plays an important role in providing continuous feedback for your software.
Testing as a Container : using docker containers to deliver testing at speedIrfan Ahmad
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
We see two upcoming trends in the world of software delivery.
1.Docker is becoming a standard for managing infrastructure using containers.
2.Testing code and its infrastructure starts to grow at scale with more complexity, dependencies and technology diversity.
A container is an entire portable runtime environment: an application, plus all its dependencies, libraries and other binaries, and configuration files needed to run it, bundled into one package. By containerizing the application platform and its dependencies ,all differences in OS distributions and underlying infrastructure are abstracted away which makes it easy to share and execute anywhere.
At this talk we will learn how to leverage the container technology to solve the challenges of growing testing infrastructure and continuous delivery with key focus on below items.
- Basics of the containers technology and specifically it’s application on the test automation.
- How Docker can reduce the time of test execution, ease the setup of clean test environments and drastically reduce the differences between the development, acceptance and production environments leading to the higher quality of the released software.
- Examples to containerize entire testing stack together consisting of major automation tools (selenium, appium, phantomjs), performance tools (jmeter,gatling) with cucumber.
- Integrating and managing testing container with other application containers to achieve easily manageable continuous delivery pipeline.
- Best practices and patterns for docker success.