DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & QA APPROACHHimabindu
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
What is “Digital Transformation?”
The transformation stage means that digital usages inherently enable new types of innovation and creativity in a particular domain, rather than simply enhance and support the traditional methods.
Digital Transformation is a term that is used to refer to those changes that are linked to the application and use of digital technology in every aspect of human society and living.
Digital Transformation is the third stage or step in the process of embracing technologies, the first being digital competence and the second being digital literacy. If this term had to be described even briefly, then ‘going paperless’ would be the easiest definition.
The Key Elements of Digital Transformation
There is a total three core or key elements that contribute towards successful starting and development of the process of digital transformation.
- Vision and leadership:
Digital transformation has still not been identified as a formal effort by most businesses and thus businesses need proper vision and leadership to get this process into motion.
- Digital customer experience:
It is a research of customer behavior, personality, and expectations. Digital transformation can only take place when one is armed with this information.
- The Digital Transformation team:
Organizations create special teams to start bringing the process of digital transformation into motion. These teams are often called digital circles and rapid innovation teams, etc.
Importance BENEFITS OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Lift in customer engagement(75%)
One of the first and most important benefits of Digital Transformation is that it leads to a great lift in customer engagement and experience. Through online channels and communication with customers, any business can get closer to what the customers think, want and how their decisions are influenced.
- Improved customer satisfaction(63%)
By transforming business activities through digital channels, a business can attain what most are always in the pursuit of customer satisfaction.
- Higher digital traffic(53%)
As you move your business and its activities to digital channels, you will observe that a lot of your clients and customers too would start responding to you on these channels
- Increased Lead Generation(49%)
Another very significant benefit of Digital transformation is an increase in Lead Generation. Lead Generation is a term used to refer to the generation of consumer or customer interest and inquiry into the products and services of a business.
- Greater conversions(46%)
Adopting Digital transformation, leading to more sales and hence more profit. Digital transformation enables you to market your products to a greater audience and retain their interest through several methods. This thereby leads to a greater conversion
How to Transform Three Key Areas
- Transformation of Customer Experience
Digital transformation to take place, it is very important to transform the whole customer experience
- Exploration of social media to understand customer de-satisfaction and satisfaction.
- Promotion of brands through digital media
- Building of new online communities to build loyalty with clients.
- Building products that improve branding in lifestyle communities.
- Building analytic capabilities to get to know customers more in detail.
- Usage of technology to improve in-person sales communication.
- Integration of customer purchase data to offer better and personalized sales and customers services.
- Service companies now offer self-service through digital tools
- Usage of mobile apps
- Transformation of Operational Processes
- Process Digitization
- Worker enablement
- Performance management
- Transformation of Business Models
Digital Transformation is also about the transformation of business models. Companies are now finding ways to club physical and digital offerings and using digital methods to share information across company. They are now building service wrappers on traditional products and using others ways to bring about major changes in their business schemes.
Quality Assurance is critical for your DT journey
Quality Assurance & Testing fulfills a critical role in any digital transformation journey. Identifying the right tools, methodologies and measures to assure customer experience is increasingly essential to success.
Companies today face two big challenges. They have to find new ways to stay on top of new technologies, while at the same time assure superior customer experience.
The key to successful Transformation is maintaining customer confidence in the products and services of your company.
Quality Assurance becomes a critical factor during and after this transition period. The entry-level investment required to get into the digital and online applications market is very low today. You have Google Play and Apple Store as your new distributors. This is a novel way of distributing your product with a very low initial investment. The price for companies to attack your industry and steal your market share is, therefore, very low. In this scenario, you simply need to make sure that you are able to deliver stable products with high quality.
“Testing as a function is becoming ever more business critical to organizations faced with external market forces that drive digital transformation. These market forces include changes in customer behavior, heightened global competition, the need to provide an all-channel experience, rapid adoption of social media channels, increased data volumes and the advancement of technologies such as cloud and mobile.
What are the key themes that a QA & Testing organization must focus on to fulfill its critical role in the journey of Digital Transformation?
Key theme 1: Customer Experience & Customer Journey
During your Digital Transformation journey, every decision you make should factor in both of these important aspects – Customer Experience & Customer Journey.
During the period of digital transformation, one must make a decision based on customer experience and customer journey. The efforts must enhance the digital customer experience. This will ensure high quality products and services. As a result, it shall create confidence in the business.
Key theme 2: Cyber Security
As an integral part of the Digital Transformation, the business is vulnerable for cyber criminals. Hence, one must protect the assets and resources crucial in digital transformation. Defining the risks can help to ensure protective measure for unacceptable risks. By this way, we can have system security.
Key theme 3: Omni-channel
The main goal for organization is to ensure a consistent experience for the channels of interaction. The physical and digital channel provides the customer a connected set of features. Hence, the organization must focus on functional testing across these channels. This type of testing is done either on multiple devices or on multiple platforms.
Key theme 4: Digital Assurance Platform
For the critical role during the digital transformation, one must have comprehensive Digital assurance platform. It helps to provide a set of re-usable assets and improve the efficiency of the testing process. These practices help in early defect detection so that the defects are reduced and costs are reduced.
These are some characteristics that the platform must have:
- Provide Lean methodologies to identify mitigate and reduce defects.
- Provide new test methodologies that will help in transforming the role of QA in the organizations and create an excellent quality service.
- It must deliver industry specific solutions and methods to improve the business confidence.
- Provide test automation tools for the value chain
Digital transformation- Mobile
- Mobile devices have become a major part of many organizations’ digital development strategy, but many businesses lack the testing specialists, tools, and consistent methodology needed for effective mobile development. The explosion of mobile technologies in both the hardware and software fields will continue to demand a testing framework that is both comprehensive and nimble.
- The development lifecycle of mobile applications is relatively compact compared to a standard web application—almost 40 percent of organizations agree that time is a crucial factor for QA and testing teams. This highlights the importance of automation to perform regression testing.
- The overall focus of many organizations’ mobile testing efforts has proved to be on validating all aspects of a complete customer experience. This makes non-functional testing such as security, performance, customer experience even more important and relevant in the future.
Key considerations that organizations use to define their mobile QA strategy include:
- Mobile application development methodologies (Agile, waterfall).
- Mobile application technologies (native, hybrid and Web).
- Multiple mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry).
- Infrastructure combinations (BYOD, in-house, on-demand, emulators). • Execution/deployment methodologies (B2B or B2C).
- Mobile application complexities.
- User geographies.
- Niche applications (voice-based, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Consumer applications (telematics, smartphone banking, etc.)
- Mobility across enterprise apps.
Digital transformation-Big Data
Big data enables the digital business for two reasons:
- Unlocking digital customers, channels and markets
A major catalyst for digital business transformation is the customer, who has high expectations for personalized service and is looking to do business with a brand that will offer them the best of everything – best price, best experience, best quality, best mobile offers, and so on.....
Big data offers organizations the chance to learn more than has ever been possible about what their customers want, and the context baehind those desires, to shape the right experience for them
- Enabling and to running the digital enterprise.
What customers are doing now and what they will be doing in the future, which will enable them to implement the changes needed to meet address future goals.
Digital transformation-Social media
Social media is a great marketing tool. It’s cost-effective. It is fast. It’s unwrapped. It’s a fantastic channel to connect and interact with your target group and showcase your services and products in front of the entire digital spectrum.
Social media also runs across all other channels – whether web, mobile, phone or physical stores. This is a highly connected community where the most unlikely contributors can be celebrities and other social influencers. Customers do not have to come to you anymore. Your customers take their social media applications with them wherever they go, whether it’s to your store, on the phone to your call centre, linked to your website or on their Xbox.
Using digital marketing such as social media can quickly provide information you know your customers.
- Create an engaging customer experience
- Providing videos demonstrating a product or service
- Creating content that encourages positive feedback
- Create a quick interactive worksheets or surveys
- Make advance announcements of new products and services.
Create an email campaign with information along with the photos about your “just arrived” products.
- Reward with discounts.
- Just like when making announcements, including discount coupons or having special online offers keep people engaged. Offers bring them back to your online sites
- Have a contest.
- A give away for one lucky winner who likes your Facebook page or signs up for your e-newsletter helps to engage your customers and potential customers.
- Share tips and uses for your products and services
- Add videos and photos of service demonstration and using products.
Industry reports suggest that 80% of security breaches occur at the application layer and 86% of web applications have issues involving authentication, access control, and confidentiality.
This heightened awareness of security is driven by Digital Transformation, which increases the number of vulnerable touch points, and drives mobile access and data proliferation.
Web based, mobile and cloud based applications capture and hold sensitive corporate and customer data, and are accessible from multiple platforms. However, they are highly vulnerable to intrusion, hacking etc.
Lack of security in the complex digital IT landscape has significant ramifications in terms of potential loss, competitive disadvantage, and reputational damage if security breach becomes public.
Hence security testing has become a business imperative for many organizations.
Below are few points to plan security testing
- Dynamic Analysis – identify the vulnerabilities during run time
- Penetration testing
- Automated vulnerability scanning
- Static Analysis – identify vulnerabilities in the code
- Code review
- Automated static code analysis
- Vulnerability assessment
- Infrastructure assessment
- WAPT & Web services security (Exploitations)
- Mobile application security testing
- Security code review
Performance testing is a critical part of any software application/product as it has high impact on customer experience and business performance in a Digital Transformation journey.
Below are few points to plan performance testing
Build a Complete Test Strategy
Performance testing requires lots of planning and preparation before the actual execution. Understand the how components interact and the user expectations from the system.
Try to Include Think Time in Testing
Think time is the time that a real user waits between actions.
While creating test scripts, you can fix this time as a fixed time between two consequent requests or an ideal time between maximum or minimum values.
Identify the Performance Bottleneck
Learn from Earlier Experiences
continuous observation will help you to build your own filtering system for performance issues
Emphasize on Baseline Tests
Baseline tests are important 85% of error are discovered in baseline tests. Testers can easily identify and isolate problems during initial baseline tests because it gets difficult later on to isolate them.