Modal Based Testing - Approach and Practices
This work presents a model based testing approach to be used in Model Driven Development and Software Testing Life Cycles.The Approach uses standard and defines model transformations from design model to test models.
What is “Model Based Testing?”
Model-based testing is a software testing technique in which the test cases are derived from a model
that describes the functional aspects of the system under test.
Modern software systems are often designed with the goal of maximizing flexibility in one way or
another The effectiveness of model driven testing is primarily due to the potential for automation it
offers. If a model is machine-readable testing and formal to the extent that it has a well-defined behavioral
interpretation, test cases can in principle be derived mechanically.
Testing, which is a widely used methodology in system validation, is a key method of assessing
the functionality of systems. A successful test case is one which furthers the
progress of ensuring that a system meets its quality standards. This purpose is best
achieved by MBT.
Keywords : Model Driven Testing,Machine Readable Testing,Modern Software,Automation Testing.
What Kind of Testing is Model-Based?
Model-based testing is used at all stages of software development, most often for integration and
system testing .MBT played a subordinate role in performance, usability, and security testing, with less
than 20 percent usage for each.
Why Model-Based Testing –
1) Unit testing will not be sufficient to check the functionalities
2) To ensure that the system is behaving in the same sequence of actions.
3) Model-based testing technique has been adopted as an integrated part of the testing process.
4) Commercial tools are developed to support model-based testing.
Outline/structure of the Session
The Case study depicts best practices of modal based testing approaches and value addition for different projects and business processes.
The approach was implemented as a framework using existing modelling tools in the market and technique for automatic generation of test cases using models.
The Key Elements
Model Driven approaches
Importance BENEFITS OF
Model Based Testing User Survey
To offer an interesting research topic in MBT,This thesis finish with few learning approaches about the most challenging subjects in MBT:
1. Assessment for coverage criteria and test excellence
2. Test goals and use case administration
3. Combining distinct models
4. Modeling test interwork description
5. MBT of non-functional requirements
6. Encouraging model based testing in industry
QA Analyst and Above