- Business leaders know the value of adopting DevOps but Development and Operations team still struggling on how to adopt. There is gap in understanding how to transform Business Objectives to best practices & Technology Implementation.
- Development and Operations teams have very narrow view of DevOps - they still think just CI / CD Automation is DevOps. Automated & Integrated ALM as an approach remove silos in the organization is missing.
- Agile Coaches are trained and practicing primarily on software development side of things. Cross functional perspective ranging from Product Management to Portfolio to Release management is something they don't have exposure on.
- DevOps is big change. Industry needs coaches / architects ( change agents ) who are capable and accountable to drive this change.
- DevOps is about operational efficiency at an enterprise level for Software Development centers; Lean / Kanban principles are the key but there seems to be Gap in industry on how to apply these to Software Development e.g. How to select an ALM, On what basis to select CI/CD tools
Outline/structure of the Session
- Why DevOps?
- What is DevOps? Multiple perspectives
- DevOps Technology Overview
- CI + CD
- Infrastructure Management & Automation
- ALM as DevOps Platform
- How to Adopt DevOps
- DevOps Maturity Model
- DevOps Adoption Model
- Understand the Software development assembly line.
- How to map DevOps business objectives to operational parameters of your Software development assembly line
- Concepts of Application Lifecycle Management, Software Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Infrastructure as code, Infrastructure Management and Automation.
- Understand various DevOps toolchain and how to select best tools to implement your assembly line
- DevOps transformation model
Management (Director / VP - Engineering, IT), Business Unit Heads, Quality & Tools Head, DevOps or Agile Coaches