Build your own Canvas
The Business Model Canvas and the A3 Report are classic examples of using visualization tools to help you/a team/an org analyze and plan. However, you might find that available canvases don't really suit your needs. Would you really use the traditional Business Model Canvas for a legacy product in a large enterprise?
Come learn about classic examples of canvases and what they are trying to achieve. Learn about a simple framework that enables you to build a custom canvas that is suited to your needs. And walk away with a custom canvas, because you are going to build your own canvas in this workshop!
Outline/Structure of the Hands on Session
- Introductions, 5'
- Setting the stage, the goal of a custom canvas, 5'
- Why a custom canvas? WIIFM? 5'
- A brief history of canvases, 10'
- Well known canvas examples, 5'
- Practical application, building a custom canvas, 45'
- Generate team pairs
- Select canvas options
- Grouping of canvas categories
- Constructing canvas
- Conclusion, includes the introduction of a canvas of canvases, 10'
Presentation history of this session:
- 1st Conference Melbourne 2018 - Facilitator
Alex's conference and presentation history:
- Agile Open Northwest 2012 - Session Leader
- Übermind ÜnConference 2012 - Session Leader
- MobileUXCamp Seattle 2012 - Session Leader
- Seattle Kaizen Camp 2012 - Session Leader
- MAQCon 2012 - Cofounder
- MobileUXCamp Seattle 2013 - Session Leader
- Seattle Kaizen Camp 2013 - Session Leader
- MobileUXCamp Seattle 2014 - Session Leader
- Seattle Kaizen Camp 2014 - Session Leader
- Construx Software Executive Summit 2014 - Facilitator
- Shell Developers Summit 2015 - Keynote Speaker
- Scrum Coaching Retreat Seattle 2015 - Volunteer Team
- Un:Conference Canberra 2016 - Session Leader
- Agile2016 - Volunteer Team
- UX Australia 2016 - Speaker, Reviewer
- Agile Coach Camp Sydney 2016 - Session Leader
- Agile Tour Sydney 2016 - Facilitator
- StartCon 2016 - Pitch Competitor
- Global Scrum Gathering San Diego 2017 - Reviewer
- Global Scrum Gathering Singapore 2017 - Speaker (Rating = 4.5/5)
- Agile Coach Camp Sydney 2017 - Session Leader
- Scrum Gathering India 2017 - Speaker, Facilitator, Coaches' Clinic
- Lean Agile Systems Thinking Canberra 2017 - Organizer, Speaker (Rating = 5/5)
- Lean Agile Systems Thinking Melbourne 2017 - Speaker (Rating = 5/5), Facilitator (Rating = 4.4/5)
- Lean Agile Systems Thinking Sydney 2017 - Speaker
- Scrum Gathering Melbourne 2017 - Speaker (Rating = 2nd highest session at conference), Coaches' Clinic
- AgileNZ 2017- Speaker
- Scrum Gathering South Africa 2017 - Speaker
- Business and Enterprise Agility Conference India 2017 - Speaker
- Business Agility Conference NYC 2018 - Facilitator
- XP 2018 Portugal - Facilitator, Speaker
- Scrum Gathering Rio 2018 - Speaker
- Agile2018 San Diego - Speaker
- Overview classic canvases
- Learn what a canvas is trying to achieve
- Discover a custom canvas generation framework
Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Agile Coaches, Agile team members, UX/CX
Prerequisites for Attendees