Build your own Canvas
The Business Model Canvas and the A3 Report are classic examples of using visualization tools to help you/a team/an org analyze and plan. However, you might find that available canvases don't really suit your needs. Would you really use the traditional Business Model Canvas for a legacy product in a large enterprise?
Come learn about classic examples of canvases and what they are trying to achieve. Learn about a simple framework that enables you to build a custom canvas that is suited to your needs. And walk away with a custom canvas, because you are going to build your own canvas in this workshop!
Outline/structure of the Session
- Introductions, 5'
- Setting the stage, the goal of a custom canvas, 5'
- Why a custom canvas? WIIFM? 5'
- A brief history of canvases, 10'
- Well known canvas examples, 5'
- Practical application, building a custom canvas, 45'
- Generate team pairs
- Select canvas options
- Grouping of canvas categories
- Constructing canvas
- Conculsion, includes the introduction of a canvas of canvases, 10'
- Overview classic canvases
- Learn what a canvas is trying to achieve
- Discover a custom canvas generation framework
- Actually build your own canvas to use at work the very next day
Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Facilitator, Product Owner
There are no prerequisites.