Using Lean Tools to Create Product Team Balance
Product teams must balance the needs of the future with supporting today.
In this workshop you will learn how to apply lean tools such as Pareto Analysis and the PICK matrix along site the cost of delay to help a product team ensure they are able to make targeted investments around the supportability of their product to ensure they are as effective as possible.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
1) Introduce some concept of Balance and Sustainable pace and what their implications are
2) Outline the key tools and techniques used in the workshop
3) Break into groups of 4-5
4) Each group is provided a scenario and must complete a pareto chart from the provided information
5) Brief shareback and debrief
6) The scenario is advanced by 3 months and the teams are provided pareto charts and asked to ideate solutions and map to a pick matrix
7) Brief shareback and debrief
8) The scenario is advanced by 3 months and the teams are asked to infer possible reasons for changes in the reporting metrics
9) Brief shareback and debrief
10) The scenario is advanced by 3 months and the teams are asked to infer possible reasons for changes in the reporting metrics
11) Brief shareback and debrief
Teams will learn how to apply pareto analysis and the benefits of it over other charting techniques such as pie charting.
Teams will learn how to apply a PICK matrix and the impact of cost of delay on the prioritisation process.
Teams will learn that supportability of systems change over time as the usage of the system changes, even though the system might still be the same.
Anyone that coaches or works in a team that builds and supports their product.
Knowledge of Pareto Analysis, PICK matrix, Cost of delay will help but is not necessary.