Winter is coming for PMOs - Long live the Adaptive Management Office
We live in a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world and this has become the new normal.
As organisations and projects adjust to the digital era value delivery mechanisms shift and adjust to deliver quicker, iteratively and with greater customer insights.
PMOs were introduced to solve various problems in the past. These problems have since changed yet the PMO itself may not have readjusted to consider the different value that they now add. PMOs of the future require the same level of resilience as the organisations they now support.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- The challenges of the current PMOs and how they can remain relevant and resilient through a shift to that of an Adaptive Management Office (AMO)
- The purpose of an Adaptive Management Office
- What is an Insight driven organisation and the role of the AMO in forming and nurturing this
- An understanding of the AMO maturity curve and where your organisation is on the journey
- The importance of the cultural ecosystem in your transformation
- Introduction of a framework and some focus areas
- How you can start a PMO to AMO transformation – using Agile to adopt agility - forming a backlog for incremental change, experimentation and value slicing
- Why PMOs of the past need to change
- How PMOs can become resilient to constantly changing and disruptive worlds
- How to start transforming your existing traditional PMO to an Adaptive Management Office - your tools and techniques
- An empathy of the cultural and mindset shift required for an Adaptive Management office to be successful
Those within Program or Enterprise Portfolio Management who are thinking about or are curious with what a PMO looks like where a bi-modal system is in place.
Prerequisites for Attendees