A deep dive into Sprint Planning
Good planning helps teams perform. Poor planning helps create problems.
This workshop session asks us to reflect on how well we manage our sprint plans. A case study project will be presented and participants will work together to prepare and work through a sprint plan. We will reflect on what we observe and learn together.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
This session is classroom group work
- Goals and approach
- Reflect on what we do today
Do a training simulation:
- Prepare for a sprint plan
- Run a sprint plan
Observe and reflect
- What happened?
What did we learn?
Reflect on your own practice and identify areas for improvement.
Learn from the experience of others in the room.
People who participate in sprint planning or anyone who wants to learn more about sprint planning
Prerequisites for Attendees
Read the Scrum Guide as it is useful.
This session is not specifically about Scrum planning though.
schedule Submitted 5 months ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Soumendu Ghara / Bhumika S - User Story Mapping - WHY and HOW, a handson workshop
What is our Motivation:
- Share our experience and how we could do things better
- Every time we share, run such a workshop we learn as much as the attendees
- Interest in giving back to the community and sharing
Why this topic is important:
- We believe, ability to effectively story map is a crucial capability for an agile team
- Helps teams learn collaboration, share and prioritise quickly and efficiently
Who are our audience:
- Team members who want to story map, non programmers, any one who wants to build or improve a skill, want to learn about agile
What is the main lesson/knowledge we want to share:
- What is the philosophy behind story mapping, why we do it
- How we can do it effectively
Best Medium to deliver:
- Partly PPT - 15 mins
- Partly workshop - 30 mins