Forming a New Agile Team: a Workshop
Forming, or Launching, a new Agile Team is a critical step that is very often skipped due to lack of knowledge, time pressure or just eagerness to get on with work as soon as possible. This workshop discusses and demonstrates the importance of taking the time to launch teams and provides hand-on knowledge on how to Form a Team.
Outline/Structure of the Hands on Session
- Discuss the importance of Forming a Team (10min)
- Workshop and define each of the following:
- Team purpose, working agreement, new member onboarding (5min)
- Intake Work (5min)
- Manage Work (5min)
- Delivery Team Event Schedule (5min)
- Manage Backlog (5min)
At the end of the session attendees will be able to:
- Understand and articulate the importance of forming a team.
- Understand and articulate why it is important for teams to agree on how work comes into the team.
- Understand and agree to how the team will manage their work.
- Understand and articulate why it is important to create an events schedule and the norms for the events.
Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Agile team members
Prerequisites for Attendees
Basic knowledge of agile principles and practices.