Practices change across different complex domains (like software engineering, medicine, agriculture etc.) but the principles are universal. In this experiment, we take the guiding principles from an eclectic range of practices, including permaculture, Buddhism, medicine and science, and then apply them to our own work with Lean-Agile teams and organisations.
Outline/Structure of the Hands on Session
- After a brief intro, split into small groups and pick a principle from the pile - 10 minutes
- Discuss how we might apply this principle in our work with teams or organisations - 10 minutes
- Come back together as a group and present our ideas - and find out where our principle comes from - 20 minutes
Our fun experiment will
- Highlight the connections between diverse disciplines
- Deepen our understanding of complexity
- Give us some new insight to use in our work
People with some experience of applying agile principles in practice.