Product Visioning and Experimentation with the UX Runway and Lean UX Center of Excellence
Lean UX as a discipline needs specific considerations at each stage of agile product development. Value streams need design standards to ensure UX governance and consistency are aligned throughout a product and product suite. Teams and programs need to decrease lead times and bottlenecks while implementing consistent experiences and simultaneously exploring options within design sets and testing outcomes. This consistency is achieved from the work of a Lean UX Center of Excellence (LUXCE) focusing on governance and empowerment through backlog enablers to build, refine, and validate the product vision through rapid experimentation cycles.
This session will introduce how to establish a LUXCE to inform UX enablers, address UX debt, inform how set-based design decisions can be made at the last responsible moment using the UX Runway concept, and share how programs and teams can best utilize Lean UX experts to further their product vision, program planning, and execution with assistance from the LUXCE's guidance. By making UX a consistent and key part of teams, product and architecture, a consistent and more usable product emerges!
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- What is a LUXCE and a UX Runway? How does UX fit in with agile, product and architecture? (15 minutes)
- LUXCE and UX preparation for PI/mid range Planning (15 minutes)
- LUXCE and UX participation in PI/mid range Planning (10 minutes)
- LUXCE and UX in PI/mid range plan Execution (10 minutes)
- Questions (10 minutes)
- Consider critical decisions when starting a LUXCE in organizations
- Form problem-based teams with consistent Lean UX experts’ influence using sets of designs to create minimum marketable features to test the product vision
- Articulate UX enablers to create and maintain design standards across a value stream
UX, product managers/owners, scrummasters
Prerequisites for Attendees
UX discipline basics, working knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)