An organizational design of colored Agile Pods that innovate@scale for your value streams
In this disruptive digital economy, enterprises are viewed as living systems, they quickly learn and rapidly adjust in an unpredictable, changing business and technology landscape. They deliver awesome customer experience focused on unmet and potentially even unrecognized needs of the customer.
The talk would introduce how to build an Agile organization using a network of colored Agile pods that enables innovation, collaboration, and value creation at extraordinary speed, scale and impact. Each pod is carefully built with core members pollinating from other matured pods. The pod composition is designed carefully with capabilities to deliver services to distinct customers, guided by shared vision rooted in customer experience, technology and industry domain.
The talk would cover Agile pod types such as discovery, service center, enabler, north star, feature etc., how they interconnect through linkage patterns to fulfill value stream objectives. How they continuously innovate and improve maturity within the enterprise eco-system? How to gamify the reward and recognition for individuals and the pods?
The talk would end with case study of medical insurance provider operational value stream, how to design an agile organization structure of colored Agile pods and interconnect patterns that promotes agility to cocreate win-win solutions.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
The talk would take roughly around 60 minutes, with 5 minutes of Q & A.
In terms of outline for the presentation will be as follows:
- Colored Agile Pods – Definition & Benefits - 5 min
- Birth of new Agile Pods through Podination – 5 min
- Deep Dive of Agile Pod types, interconnect patterns – 15 min
- Agile Pod Execution Model – 10 min
- Agile Pod Metrics, Maturity Model – 10 min
- Case Study – Design of network of colored Agile pods for medical insurance provider value stream – 15 min
- Questions and Answers – 5 min
Key takeaways for the audience are as follows:
- Learn to design Agile organization’s structure using colored Agile pods and linkage patterns that promotes agility and deliver unprecedented business value.
- Build a culture of innovation, passion and continuous improvement of pods within the eco-system through gamification of right metrics, maturity models, and rewards and badges.
- Learn to identify the underlying systems and people under value streams and restructure using Agile Pods model to deliver outstanding customer experiences
IT Director, Agile Executives, Portfolio Leaders, Program Manager, Engineering Managers, Full Stack Developers, Quality Engineers, Product Managers, Enterprise and Portfolio Architects, System and Solution Architects, Agile Transformation Change Leads