It's Moving Day!
Transitioning from a traditional project management professional (PMP) to a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is a lot like moving! It’s fun, exciting, but packing is painful! What to keep? What to throw away? What do I put in a box and hang on it…just in case?
Angel answers all these questions and much more! How? Angel left the "dark side" in the winter of 2008 and hasn’t looked back! Angel will share the pitfalls, lessons learned, and ultimately the FUN she has being her company’s resident #AgileEnthusiast and give you the most useful packing checklist of your career!
Outline/Structure of the Talk
Jan. 12, 2019
- Introduce with a brief story of being a “SCUM Master”
- Introduce Agile Manifesto/Principles/Agile Values
- “Eat on your dog food” section
- Feelings and Actions during the transition from PM to CSM
- Self-Care/Forgivingness/Continuous Learning in practice
- Small group exercise on Agile Mindset
- Highlight key learnings from other examples of successful transitions
- Conclude with specific actionable “packing list” for attendees
- A working understanding of Emotional Intelligence, Personality Traits, and Servant Leadership
- Visiting the Agile Manifesto and Agile Values and Principles, seeing what it looks like when they are put into action
- Recognizing the difference in themselves and others about a fixed vs. growth or Agile mindset
- A useful packing checklist when transitioning from PMP or traditional PM to CSM
Beginner Agilist; PMP to CSM or Traditional PMs thinking about or recently moving to ScrumMaster
Prerequisites for Attendees
A working understanding the Agile Manifesto, 12 Agile Principles or reading articles on the Agile Mindset will aid in understanding content and make for faster application of what will be taught.