Sentiment Analysis with Deep Learning, Machine Learning or Lexicon Based
Do you want to know what your customers, users, contacts, or relatives really think? Find out by building your own sentiment analysis application.
In this workshop you will build a sentiment analysis application, step by step, using KNIME Analytics Platform. After an introduction to the most common techniques used for sentiment analysis and text mining, we will work in three groups, each one focusing on a different technique.
- Deep Learning: This group will work with the visual Keras deep learning integration available in KNIME (completely code free)
- Machine Learning: This group will use other machine learning techniques, based on native KNIME nodes
- Lexicon Based: This group will focus on a lexicon based approach for sentiment analysis
People interested in NLP and Data Mining
Prerequisites for Attendees
- Your own laptop preinstalled with KNIME Analytics Platform, which you can download from the KNIME website
- KNIME Textprocessing extension. See video link, below about installing KNIME extensions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HMx3mjJXiw
Help Installing KNIME Analytics Platform:
Here are some links to YouTube videos to help you install KNIME Analytics Platform:
- Windows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeHblDxakLk
- Mac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jvRWryJ220
- Linux https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wibggQYr4ZA
Extra Instructions for the Deep Learning Group:
If you have already decided to work in the deep learning group, please pre-install Python and Keras. Just follow the instructions provided on our webpage about Deep Learning.
If you would like to get familiar with KNIME Analytics Platform, you can explore the content of our E-learning course.