HR Analytics - Attrition analysis
HR analytics is a broad domain and attrition is one big problem in it. It is difficult for any organization to retain talented employee for long run in current competitive world. Effective attrition model can help in it. Modern techniques such as Machine learning or Deep learning can be utilize to predict employee's behavior.
Outline/Structure of the Case Study
# Overview of HR analytics : HR analytics helps HR professionals to make data-driven decisions to attract, manage, and retain employees, which helps in improving ROI of business.
- HR analytics can help in:
- Hiring Process
- Process Improvement
- Improve Employee experience
# Introduction to Attrition analysis:
- An organization spends a lot of time and effort to train an employee and if they leave, the company not only lose an employee but also lose that time and effort which was spent on developing that skill set and very difficult to find exact replacement at the right time.
- In current competitive world Employee's behavior is not very consistent over the years. It means the reason for leaving the company may be very different this year compared to last year.
# Data Required:
- Demographic data
- Compensation data
- Promotion data
- Reward & recognition Data
- Training Data
- Education Data
- Social network data of employees
- Office timing data
# Data Structure:
- Data structure plays a very important role in attrition analysis.
- What are the different way we can structure our data?
# Modeling approach:
- In most of the cases, classic regression technique might not give good result.
- ML techniques such as boosting and ensemble model gives better result.
- Why ML and ensemble model perform better?
# Model Output:
- Yes, now we know that these employees are going to leave. So what?
- It is very important to interpret the output correctly and represent it in the way that can be actionable.
- What is the correct way?
# Q & A
Understand the HR analytics.
Understand the challenges in building effective attrition model and its solution.
Those who are interested in setting up People analytics practice in their organization, Human Resource Department and Analytics Consulting Professionals
Prerequisites for Attendees
Interest in HR analytics.