Digital Transformation and Analytics: Skills, Experience and Education
The explosion of digital data and emerging technologies is likely to create significant changes in how the organizations value skills, experiences and education within their digital data roles. This talk focuses on what employers are looking for and what types of candidates will be most desirable for them in the big data world. The speaker brings years of experience working with industry, academia as well as students to provide an analysis on what the so called "data scientist" looks like now and what they will look like in 5 years and 10 years and how that matches with the potential employer needs.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
1. Digital transformation: key trends and technologies
2. Who is a data scientist in this digital world?
3. Employer/organizational needs based on growing technologies and data
4. What would be the so called "Data Scientist" look like in 5 to 10 years
5. How do potential employers and academics respond to the market need?
1. Attendees can evaluate the skills required of their data science workforce
2. Potential employers will be able to identify how to close the gaps in skills within the organizations
3. Academics and participants can evaluate the types of experience, education and learning needed to be successful in their jobs
Industry, Students, Academics
Prerequisites for Attendees