Save Time, save money: Move over from selenium grid to cloud
What is the most challenging thing while running the automation tests? It is coverage of multiple browser, cross device testing with faster execution of tests? The way to do it is distribute these tests for parallel execution on Selenium grid, but that comes with substantial burden of managing and maintaining the platforms and browser.
Now that cloud-computing resources are available and affordable, many organizations are saving by leveraging services such as Sauce Labs.Moving to the cloud makes tests easier and faster to run for several reasons:
1. No maintenance: There will be no maintenance or overhead of managing the test servers and infrastructure
2. Less Cost: No cost of hardware addition and saving on resources working on maintaining the grid
3. Easier Debugging:By identifying the tests that failed due to actual faults vs failure due to browser being hanged.
Lets learn how to set up and run the automated test on multiple browsers and platform using Java, Selenium with Sauce Labs, and running an application sequestered behind the firewall on cloud.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Introduction to Selenium Grid for distrubuted testing
- Issues in running grid and false failures
- Introduction to cloud testing
- Transforming your existing tests to cloud
- Demo of setting up and running cross browser tests on cloud
- Running your test on cloud from CI tool Jenkins
- Running the automated tests on cross-browser using cloud
- Focus more on writing scripts then managing the infrastructure
- Easier debugging with recorded videos and logs
- Point to the false failures easily
- Integrating cloud platform with CI tool
Test automation engineers, QA manager
schedule Submitted 1 year ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Soumyajit Basu - Running your tests headless using Java + Selenium + PhantomJs Driver + TestNGSoumyajit BasuQuality AnalystSrijan Technology, India
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
In this era of continuous software development and continuous delivery automation of a software plays a really big role in reducing time and effort for quality control and visually verifying individual functionalities. Automation plays a vital role in quickly pin pointing any break within the functionalities of the software system and also provides a quick report so that the software development team is aware what functionality in the system needs to be attended.
The session would contain running an automation test headless by using the capability of phantomjs driver, running Selenium, implemented in Java and triggered by TestNG. People interested in learning automation can utilise the power of phantomjs driver to run tests quickly and get the desired test reports.